Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Revolution! Not a Typo!


I had lunch with one of the most wonderful women in my life yesterday. Her name is Dr. Loucrecia Collins, and she has life figured out as far as I'm concerned.  Whenever I spend time with her I leave with a deep-seated belief that I am better than what I probably really am. She brings out the best in me...the part that dreams, hopes, believes life is full of wonder and possibilities. She is, quite simply, a gift from God.

She asked me why I haven't blogged lately. I haven't blogged because, frankly, I figured nobody really cares what I have to say. I also haven't blogged because I tend to get carried away and reveal too much of myself. But as I was talking to Dr. C yesterday at lunch I said, "I guess my life is mine to reveal or not to reveal as I please. It's mine. I'm pretty much an open book...and it's my book. Period."

That may make my children a little nervous, but I don't really think so. I promise I won't reveal anything about them except how wonderful, beautiful, smart, articulate, and accomplished they are. Surely they can't object to that.

The rest is all mine, mine, mine. It's a New Year's Revolution...Thank you Dr. Collins...my sister friend. I love you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment